Thursday, August 8, 2013

Server 2.0 Build

So we have decided on using Ubuntu Server 12.04.2 LTS based on the fact that it is a very popular platform and has a great history of support. This version will also be supported until April 2017. I am also using an older desktop that I've had forever. My greatest build ever, the wiring got a bit messy over the last few years but I will be fixing that up:
For those of you who know me, you know thats is a mess I am not proud of but I have been neglecting this unit for a while and now is the time to rejuvenate it. I actually have a second case exactly like this one that i want to really go HAM on, full custom. I will be chronicling that as well once I start the build.
As you can see, there is lots of space for expansion and all sorts of goodies. See you all on the other side.

Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI-Deluxe
RAM: 4 X OCZ PC 3200, 1024MB 3-3-3-8 timing, performance series.
storage: 2 X WD Raptor 74.8 GB in raid 1 configuration.
GPU: BFG NVidia 7800GTOC, 256MB ram.
sound card: Sound blaster audigy 4.







After Rewiring:


No comments:

Post a Comment