Monday, April 7, 2014

3D Printing research

I've found two books that I've been reading over the last week. Learned a lot as far as the software and from concept to reality is concerned. There is basically three software stages. Modeling, Slicing and Fixup. The three separate process are sometimes combined in some way or form depending on the software being used and not all users and or software refer to the different stages as these names. 

I won't go into the details of each section as I am only concentrating on the basic knowledge and know how at this time. My ultimate goal is that anyone will be able to start reading my journey from start to finish and not feel over whelmed with the prospect of diving into 3D printing. Once I finish reading the books that I found. I will probably complete a short review on them and then my readers can decide if they want to use these books as I have. 

On another note, I have also rethought the printer picking process. I think I might get a used one as opposed to a new one for 2 reasons. 
1. It will definitely be cheaper. Early adapters out there that bout one early on and now want to upgrade will probably want to get rid of an earlier model.
2. By getting a used 3D printer, the previous user and support forums will have more tips and content for me to utilize while learning about 3D printing.

Finally, I want to close out today's post with a new 3D printer that I saw via my twitter feed this morning. The Micro might truly be the break out 3D printer of the year, meeting its kickstarter goal in just 11 minutes!!!! Can you say WOW? If they are able to deliver, they will definitely give Makerbot some real competition in the entry level 3D printing space. Santa might have a lot more requests for 3D printers next holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment