Wednesday, February 25, 2015

House of Cards binge has commenced

                                                              Technology Grade 1

It has Begun


Season one run time is a total of 661 minutes, which is 11 hours and 1 minute. Each episode has a minute and a half intro that can be skipped and at least 2 minutes of closing credits. This adds up to 45.5 minutes. Final season one run time is approximately 10 hours and 15 minutes.  I calculate that I will skip through a few scenes that are either filler or off-topic so that might get me down to 9 hours. Season two run time is 649 minutes. That’s 10 hours and 49 minutes. Subtract the 3.5 minutes and filler puts us at approximately 10 hours. Using the same math from season one puts me at nine hours for season 2 as well.

I Tweeted Netflix, asking what time I would be able to start streaming season 3. No answer so far. Will post an update if I do get an answer. Not focusing too much on the first few episodes. Trying to watch around the episodes as opposed to watching the episodes. It's hard to not  try to break down the episodes and explain some of what happens' but I am not a fan of spoilers. All I can say is aside from the fact that most of what happens is not possible, the story and cinematography is very detailed and enthralling.


One thing I will state. The use of technology in telling the story is very impressive and relevant in House of Card (HoC). The story brings to light a few things that are relevant in today's society, another great reason to watch this series. In my Media 101 class we watched Twin Peaks as an example of cinematography and storytelling.  In five to ten years HoC will be the twin Peaks of media classes everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment