Tuesday, March 18, 2014

XBOne Pit stop followup

This is a perfect example of sometimes in life it is the simplest things that are to blame. Literally five minutes after my initial post I started trouble shooting my system. By the time I had posted XBOne Pit stop My system had went blank at least five times. Needless to say that I was getting very annoyed and upset. 

One of the reasons I waited so long before I started trouble shooting this issue is because one should always take a detailed approach to figuring out an issue that could be caused by several different possibilities. The time I took to write my blog actually gave me the clarity and time to think about what approach to take in figuring out what the issue was.

So I am sure all of you are awaiting the resolution to my issue!!!! It was simply a loose HDMI cable between my XBOne and my receiver. The first thing I did was to start checking all the connections between the XBOne and the TV. Maybe one of the times I disconnected it to carry it somewhere else and the cable got loose when reconnecting. Obviously it continued to get worse as time went by as the cable got looser and looser.  

I had recommendations to get my updates but that's one of the reasons I waited as well. I thought that the February/March updates would fix it but instead, it continued to get worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment