Saturday, March 29, 2014

3D Printer for The Lab

I started looking at 3D printers for the lab. I definitely decided that the first one will have to be a cheaper one, sub $1000. Not because I don't want to spend a lot of money but because I would rather start off with a cheaper one and get my skills and design experience up before spending more money on a better model. Also, by getting a cheaper model first, I won't be as apprehensive to modify the printer by adjusting settings and parts. 

I have narrowed it down to this manufacturer. So now the question is, which one. I don't care for the finished look of the product. It doesn't have to look all fancy so don't think about looks, I'm more concerned with the capabilities, like print area/volume and print resolution. Like I said this will be the first one for testing and getting my feet wet. If anyone has any ideas or inputs please post a reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment