Friday, March 14, 2014

XBOne Pit stop

The weak links in the XBOne are finally showing up. I started noticing occasional bank screen issues after the December update but they were few and far apart. currently I am noticing this is occurring at least once every 3-4 hours that I spend using the console. This is not while playing games as I mostly use my XBOne for multimedia purposes (Netflix, Vudu and watching  cable tv via TV/HDMI in) but I must confess that I haven't started any in depth diagnosis/troubleshooting yet. There is a possibility that the updates has increased the sensitivity of the HDCP (High definition Content Protection) triggers and as a result, because my Receiver is at least 5 years old, it might not be playing nice with the XBOne. 

I will try to spend some time exploring this theory but it would me rewiring my entire system and also reprogramming my harmony remote. Not something I look forward to doing but I think I must do it sooner or later to save my sanity. As I sit here typing this up, the screen has blanked out no less than 3 times. I hope its not a hardware issue as I cannot afford to replace anything right now. as far as the XBOne is concerned, if it is the culprit, I have no issues shipping it off to microsoft for it to be repaired. I will definitely keep you all updated on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment